That's awesome! We are definitely going to build one of those! And the convenience of the backyard is you have the hose to clean up super sticky kiddos. :) Way to take time to stop and taste the smores.
We've had a beautiful fall here in Colorado. On the way home from school, we stopped at the park to play. I thought it would be great to get some pictures of the kids in the beautiful leaves. The kids thought it would be more fun to play. I did get a few good shots. And some passive aggression--you can take my picture, but you can't take the leaf off my head! Come on guys, just let me get a nice, normal picture and then you can play. Maybe this is normal? Note that Brett has perfected the big-brother eye roll. I'm pretty sure we have a family picture with my big brother making that exact same face. Ah...pretend normal! The boys set this shot up themselves. Pretty cool! I got a few more decent shots in... And some genuine brotherly love... And then the real boys came out to play!
No pictures on this one. You'll thank me for it. Lucas and his friend played outside this morning. When I asked what they were doing in the side yard, they informed me they were making yucky soup for the birds to eat. I didn't investigate further because: a. they were staying in the yard b. I didn't really want to know Maybe I should have checked a little closer. They had put lots of dirt, some bricks and rock, a dried-out apple from the ground, some nails, and whatever else they found into a 5-gallon bucket that had rainwater in it. Then they took a long stick and stirred it up, continually adding more stuff for the lucky birds to eat. They spent a lot of time on this, and really gave of themselves so the birds would have food. Turns out there wasn't enough water in the bucket for this to truly be soup. With no hose nearby, they did the only thing two little boys would do. Peed. In the bucket. Outside. And standing up, Lucas told me. For the birds. Thoughtful, really....
(Mom, this post is for you. The rest of you can read along, if you like.) This is a rare and unusual thing: a post mostly about me! Tuesday night, we held a Personal Progress awards ceremony for our young women, complete with red carpet and tuxedo-clad Master of Ceremonies. I wish I'd taken more pictures... I thought the evening was fabulous! My dear friend came over and transformed me! What fun to feel so pretty. Thanks, Adena! Pam and me all decked out
Comments