Yucky Soup

No pictures on this one. You'll thank me for it.

Lucas and his friend played outside this morning. When I asked what they were doing in the side yard, they informed me they were making yucky soup for the birds to eat. I didn't investigate further because:
a. they were staying in the yard
b. I didn't really want to know

Maybe I should have checked a little closer. They had put lots of dirt, some bricks and rock, a dried-out apple from the ground, some nails, and whatever else they found into a 5-gallon bucket that had rainwater in it. Then they took a long stick and stirred it up, continually adding more stuff for the lucky birds to eat.

They spent a lot of time on this, and really gave of themselves so the birds would have food. Turns out there wasn't enough water in the bucket for this to truly be soup. With no hose nearby, they did the only thing two little boys would do. Peed. In the bucket. Outside. And standing up, Lucas told me. For the birds. Thoughtful, really. And now...truly yucky soup.

(Diana, I'm sorry about all this. Boys will be boys, right? I see this as a teaching opportunity and have told Lukie all peeing needs to happen in the toilet.)

Comments

The Halls said…
ohh. That is good. Lucky yucky soup. I was just cursing at Silas the other day when I grabbed my watering can and found it was full of barkdust, rocks, and water. I will count my blessing now.
Risa Stumm said…
hahaha, this story is GREAT! Brian and I have been laughing about it all night. Boys WILL be boys!
Thanks for sharing! What a great story. Donald noticed yesterday that James had been using the sandbox as his personal latrine. Only number 1...thank goodness. I'm guessing the talk was probably similar to yours w/ Lucas.
Laura said…
oh dear. is this what i have to look forward to? i should have thought twice before i had a boy...
Karyn said…
That is so funny! Way to be resourceful boys! :)
Audra M said…
My only boy was poty trained by spending the summer naked in our yard. Now, granted, we had 10 acres and no neighbors at home during the day. OUr closest neighbor said that was how he was poty trained too and had a picture to prove it! Actually it was great. Easiest poty training experience I'll ever have. Plus, he didn't have a single tan line and he was DARK! LOL. Boys...
Lindy Leigh said…
Oh my! That is too funny!
Brett said…
The Yucky Soup smells really bad. You DON'T want to smell it!

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Princess for the Day