Catchin' Up with Matty!
OK...my posting hiatus is over...for now. Here's a look back at what Matthew has done, and how he's changed over the past few months.
Baby Matthew is now 10 months old! It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone. It seems just a few weeks ago he was a squishy newborn. But here he is swingin' like a big kid.
On March 11, 2009, I took him in for his 9 month well-baby check. Our little one-percenter barely made it on the charts at 15 pounds, 14 ounces. He is 2 feet, 4 inches tall, which puts him in the 40th percentile for height. I guess that makes him a string bean like the other boys. (For posterity's sake, on December 9, 2008, Matthew weighed 14 pounds, 11 ounces and was 2 feet, 1 1/2 inches tall.)
Oh, Matthew also got his first tooth on March 31. It's a cute little sharp thing on his bottom right gum.
"Look at me, Mom! I can sit up all by myself." This developmental milestone was hit sometime in January, but the picture is from February.
Our little turkey was not as amused as we were at finding himself in the roasting pan. He was about the right size...
Matthew and Daddy enjoyed some snuggle time at cousin Rhed's baptism on January 1, 2009. Aren't they adorable together?
Matthew liked Alex's new snake. He rolled around with it till they were tangled together. He is certainly adorable in his Christmas PJs.
Matthew LOVES to eat. The real food. The stuff Mom and Dad and the boys get. And he prefers to feed himself. Back in November when this picture was taken, he was happy to let me shovel the food in. None of my other boys ever ate this much this soon.
Matthew is quite aggressive, too. If I take too long to cut the food up, he throws himself at it and shoves as much as he can grab in his mouth. So far, he has been able to swallow it down. When I drink from a glass while holding him, he grabs the glass away from my mouth and pulls it to his lips...and then backwashes into my water.
This little clip is precious to me. Here Matthew is on January 17, 2009, learning to crawl. He also does the cutest little growl. I'm so glad I got it on video because he doesn't make that sound anymore. But he does crawl all over the house and half-way up the stairs if I don't keep a close eye on him.
Baby Matthew is now 10 months old! It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone. It seems just a few weeks ago he was a squishy newborn. But here he is swingin' like a big kid.On March 11, 2009, I took him in for his 9 month well-baby check. Our little one-percenter barely made it on the charts at 15 pounds, 14 ounces. He is 2 feet, 4 inches tall, which puts him in the 40th percentile for height. I guess that makes him a string bean like the other boys. (For posterity's sake, on December 9, 2008, Matthew weighed 14 pounds, 11 ounces and was 2 feet, 1 1/2 inches tall.)
Oh, Matthew also got his first tooth on March 31. It's a cute little sharp thing on his bottom right gum.
Matthew is quite aggressive, too. If I take too long to cut the food up, he throws himself at it and shoves as much as he can grab in his mouth. So far, he has been able to swallow it down. When I drink from a glass while holding him, he grabs the glass away from my mouth and pulls it to his lips...and then backwashes into my water.
This little clip is precious to me. Here Matthew is on January 17, 2009, learning to crawl. He also does the cutest little growl. I'm so glad I got it on video because he doesn't make that sound anymore. But he does crawl all over the house and half-way up the stairs if I don't keep a close eye on him.
Comments