The Science Fair

The science fair was on February 5th. I entered into it. It was for grades 2-6.I made natural plastic out of milk. What you do is you separate the milk into curds and whey with vinegar. Then, you knead the curds into a dough. You can then mold it into any shape, but I did a spoon. You need to let it dry overnight. Congratulations! You have made plastic! I buried the spoon and a normal plastic spoon in the ground for 8 days. As I predicted, the natural plastic spoon decomposed better. I thought it would because milk spoils and oil doesn't.

The big night came. Everyone got judged twice. If you were in a tie, you got judged a third time. I only got judged twice. I got Honorable Mention. I think I was in 5th place. 1st place went to a girl whose project was on dinosaurs. In our school, there's a 1st, 2nd,3rd etc., for every grade. The science fair was fun.

Brett

Comments

The Halls said…
Congratulations! That is a creative idea. How did you think of it? That sounds like fun to separate mild and knead it. Good job!
Sandy and Tom said…
Brett! Good job. What a great idea. Have you tried eating cereal with your natural plastic spoon? Can you send pictures so we can see it?
The Palmer's said…
Brett, we are all wondering if you have any pictures you could post. That project was such a good idea! Great job Buddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day