Let's Carve Pumpkins
Indulge me while I catch up on past events...

For Family Home Evening before Halloween, we decided to carve pumpkins. I learned that if you wait long enough to start Family Home Evening, the 3-year-old and the baby might fall asleep and pumpkin-carving will go at least 3 times as quickly. Of course, the stars would have to align for that to happen, or maybe there's a full moon, or maybe good karma...whatever it was, it happened here!
So Brett, Alex, and Steve worked hard on the pumpkins, and I got lots of seeds for roasting. Brett went for a traditional jack-o-lantern and did all the good work himself. Alex went for an accurate representation of a spider which explains the eight eyes, two of which are larger and more prominent, as well as the fangs. You can't see the spider hairs all around the back of the pumpkin that he created with a vegetable peeler.


For Family Home Evening before Halloween, we decided to carve pumpkins. I learned that if you wait long enough to start Family Home Evening, the 3-year-old and the baby might fall asleep and pumpkin-carving will go at least 3 times as quickly. Of course, the stars would have to align for that to happen, or maybe there's a full moon, or maybe good karma...whatever it was, it happened here!
So Brett, Alex, and Steve worked hard on the pumpkins, and I got lots of seeds for roasting. Brett went for a traditional jack-o-lantern and did all the good work himself. Alex went for an accurate representation of a spider which explains the eight eyes, two of which are larger and more prominent, as well as the fangs. You can't see the spider hairs all around the back of the pumpkin that he created with a vegetable peeler.
Comments