Happy Halloween!

Halloween was lovely this year--we had pleasant weather and lots of candy! Here we all are at our ward's Trunk or Treat. Lucas is a train engineer, Alex and Brett are "Calvin and Hobbes." (Have I mentioned Alex is obsessed with Calvin? You know, spends lots of time reading the comic strip, drags around an old Tigger stuffed animal and insists we all call it "Hobbes," has me spike his hair every day like Calvin's...I am impressed that the boys came up with the costume idea on their own and were happy working together on it.) I'm Snow White and had no idea what kind of reception I'd get from the little girls because I ...was...a...princess! My Lucas didn't even know who Snow White was, but the little girls stopped and stared. Funny. Matthew is Superbaby, and Steve is Steve.


The way it works in this ward, the kids just go around and around, from trunk to trunk until the candy's all gone. The boys' got a nice haul there and Steve and I were happy to call it a night. Brett protested mightily and claimed he needed enough candy to last til Christmas.

So we dumped off our haul from the Trunk or Treat and took the kids around the neighborhood. We live in an older neighborhood so there weren't that many kids out. It also meant that the kids got more candy. Some of the homeowners handed out handfuls. We trick or treated at the house of the boys' music teacher at school. It made me happy that we live in a nice safe neighborhood and that people can live where they work. Plus, she was a lovely lady who knew my boys by name.

Lucas' candy bucket got so heavy that he fell down a few times and spilled it, and we decided it was time to go home. The boys wondered how much candy they'd gotten, so they loaded their spoils onto my kitchen scale. All together, they got almost 10 pounds of candy! Crazy! Brett and Alex each got about 3 pounds, but Lucas hauled in 3 1/2 pounds. I wonder if homeowners give more candy if they think you're the cutest...

Comments

Rebecca said…
Joshua also is obsessed with Calvin! That's why so many pix of him are awful- he waits till I push the button and makes "Calvin Faces"! He also repeats all the gross things Calvin says when he burps.
The Halls said…
Great costumes. Alex sure looks handsome with his hair spiked. I can't believe how big he is. He just shot up from toddler to young man. Is he as tall as Brett yet?

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day