First Day of School


OK...so technically, the first day of school was August 12, 2008. (Yeah, that's waaaay too early in my book.) And technically, I took this picture on September 24. And yes, I know today is October 26...I'm just doing my part to keep it real.

You all know I could have fiddled with posting dates and said nothing about when I actually took the picture and through the magic of the Internet, my kids' back-to-school picture would have been posted right after they started school. I'm just trying to be honest here. (You could also argue that a mom who can't get it together to take the picture till 6 weeks after school starts, and then doesn't post said picture for another month, probably wouldn't go to the effort to fiddle with posting dates and all.)

So, here are Brett and Alex all ready to walk to school. They are sitting on a bench on our front porch. If you look closely, you'll see that Alex's lunchbox has a tarantula embroidered on it. I'm grateful to people who think to spice up a lunchbox with spiders. It makes my life a little easier. They both like school and it doesn't take too much to prod them out the front door. We'll see if that holds true once it gets snowy and cold.


Here are all the boys...just because. My sweet friend Lisa from Boise got these cute shirts for each of them. She did a great job guessing their sizes, and Alex and Lucas prefer these shirts to any of the others they own.

(I would like to point out that even though it took me 2+ months to post back-to-school pictures, on at least one morning of this school year, I had all the children dressed and ready to go before 8:30.)

Comments

Rebecca said…
You bus comes at 8:30 too? Last year it was 7:15. I don't even get out of bed till 7:15 now!!
Catherine, you are a mighty fine mom. You've just got quite a handful. I must admit...I LOVE Alex's hair. It's a little wild and rambunctious. Lukey has grown up so much. I love Brett, and he seems like such a perfect big brother, and last but not least, baby Matthew is adorable. What a cute family. My brother is a very lucky man.
Anonymous said…
Well, even if you are slow on the photos, you are still awesome!! Life gets busy. As long as you dont have baby fingers on the floor you are doing great. ha ha
Matthew said…
0*/230.6*


****3
-9++-----------------------------------





8





















555555555555555
0222222222222222222222222222222222

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day