My Boy, the Alien

This is Lucas, my brave little alien boy. In this picture, he's breathing nitrous oxide through a bubble-gum scented mask and wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes from the dentist's light.

He's extra-brave, because this is the second time he's been to this dentist in one week. The poor child had 7 cavities, and we couldn't get them all filled at once. But we did get them done in 2 visits, and my checkbook is thankful for that.

It's not his fault he has so many cavities. His mommy brushes his teeth regularly and keeps him away from sticky, sugary things like fruit snacks and raisins. He happens to have poor enamel on those baby teeth, just like Alex did. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the enamel on their grown-up teeth is much stronger.

Brett was very brave at the dentist this past month, too. He has a bit of a crowding issue so we got to meet with the orthodontist. He said that 3 of Brett's teeth had to go to make way for the adult teeth trying to come in. So, I took him to the dentist thinking it would just be a little tug, and out they'd come. I was wrong. I don't do well with teeth and removal and blood so I'll spare you any further details. But the tooth fairy was generous and Brett was back to being Brett the next morning.

Comments

Savannah said…
Poor little guy! He is brave! I'm going to the dentist in about a half an hour to get some fillings myself! I hope I don't have to breathe the gas!
Jen said…
my kids and the dentist don't do well. Ty also had 7 cavities at his first appointment, but they treated me like i was the bad mom for not brushing his teeth...But yet both Madeline and Elias had no cavities, we brush every night and morning. It's great that you got it taken care of in two visits.
Randi said…
Poor little thing. But think about the fun pictures you're going to have to show his girlfriends later on.

Those are too cute.

(Hey, thanks for delurking today! It was really fun to see your name pop up!)
The Halls said…
Cath,
I'm glad it went well. I can't imagine Winfield letting a dentist in his mouth for very long. I'm glad Lucas did better. Cute pictures of Matthew too.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day