Matthew's a Big Boy!




On August 7, Matthew had his 2-month check-up--he's a bigger boy than I had thought! He weighed in at 10 pounds 12 ounces and was 23 1/4 inches long. Then he got his shots, and even though the nurse said they wouldn't affect him, he was miserable for the rest of the day.

We went into downtown Denver that day to visit a lactation consultant because nursing has not been as comfy as it should be. The lady that we saw said his frenulum was too short. (That's the flap of skin that holds your tongue to the bottom of your mouth.) She thought we should get it clipped and figured that would solve my nursing woes. So, I made an appointment with a pediatric ear, nose, throat doc for today to get the surgery done. Turns out his frenulum is a tiny bit short, but not short enough for the doc to do any snipping. That's mostly good news, but I had hoped my nursing issues could be solved so easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day