Alex's Rock Collection


With great fanfare, I present the long-awaited Rock Collection!

Alex collects rocks wherever he goes. I often find little pebbles that have fallen out of his pocket in the lint filter of the dryer. The cup holder nearest his seat in the van is filled with rocks he finds...in fact, there are rocks spread over the floor of the van that have spilled out of the cup holder.

Below is a sample of Alex's finest rocks. I have tried to restrict him to a smallish Tupperware container--when it's full, some rocks must go to make way for new rocks. I've not been successful. When a rock comes into the apartment that Steve or I deem too large for our dwelling, we'll discreetly put it in the decorative rocks that are all around our apartments. Surprisingly, the exact same rock almost always ends up back in the apartment. It's as though Alex has an emotional connection with each rock and can find it out of hundreds. Most of the rocks below are "rescued rocks."

Comments

Rebecca said…
Wow, that is an impressive collection! Does he pick up any randon rock, or does he stick to ones that stand out? And have you gotten a rock tyumbler to polish them so they are pretty? Mayb boys don't want their rocks to be pretty...
Anonymous said…
I can't tell you how I have looked forward to seeing the rock collection that I have heard so much about. Alex, it is just as impressive as you told me. Keep it up. Just think of all the great places you can store rocks in your new house. I really like the one that looks like a hammer. You do such a good job!!! Your mom and dad are so lucky to have a son like you who knows the value of a good rock.
I love you!!!
Aunt Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day