Alexisms

"Mommy...it really is a hard-knock life."

"They say it's a free country...but it's really not."
"What do you mean Alex?"
"You tell me what to eat and when to go to bed."

We were talking before bed one night about singular and plural: 1 mouse 2 mice; 1 louse 2 lice. Brett asked what a louse was. I told him it was a parasite. "Oh, like a tick?" he asked. Alex answered immediately, his voice filled with exasperation: "A louse is an insect, Brett, not an arachnid!" (FYI, if you're not up on your arthropods, a tick is indeed part of the arachnid family.)

Comments

Rebecca said…
That Alex cracks e up with all his encyclopedia knowledge on bugs! Marian will love him! She found pill bugs yesterday at the beach and was very upset that I didn't know what they ate or where they slept.
motivated said…
Oh my goodness, that is just scary smart! And I don't really mean scary, it's just an expression. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day