Here Kitty, Kitty
A few months ago, Lucas decided he was a kitty. He will meow and crawl around and call himself "Kitty" in third person, as in "Kitty have cookie?"
(When Alex was this age, he decided he was a dog...but he carried it much further than Lucas/Kitty has. Alex would insist on eating from a bowl on the floor. He would scamper around on all fours and pant and bark. The most extreme thing he did as a dog--well, we were at the title office signing on our house in Boise. While he was being a dog on the floor, we were signing the 3-inch stack of papers. After it was all over, our agent told us Alex had poured water from a water bottle onto the floor and then lapped it up. Yecch!)
Back to Kitty. We have noticed that Lucas' alterego comes out mostly when he wants something special (like a cookie), he wants attention, or he's avoiding trouble. If I'm having a particularly difficult time getting him to sit at the table or get in the car, I just call for Kitty and he's much more obedient.
A while back, I walked into my room to find pen scribbled all across one wall and parts of the others. Alex assured me the vandalism was his little brother's doing. So, Steve and I called Lucas in.
"Lucas, did you draw on the wall?"
"No. Kitty did it."
(When Alex was this age, he decided he was a dog...but he carried it much further than Lucas/Kitty has. Alex would insist on eating from a bowl on the floor. He would scamper around on all fours and pant and bark. The most extreme thing he did as a dog--well, we were at the title office signing on our house in Boise. While he was being a dog on the floor, we were signing the 3-inch stack of papers. After it was all over, our agent told us Alex had poured water from a water bottle onto the floor and then lapped it up. Yecch!)
Back to Kitty. We have noticed that Lucas' alterego comes out mostly when he wants something special (like a cookie), he wants attention, or he's avoiding trouble. If I'm having a particularly difficult time getting him to sit at the table or get in the car, I just call for Kitty and he's much more obedient.
A while back, I walked into my room to find pen scribbled all across one wall and parts of the others. Alex assured me the vandalism was his little brother's doing. So, Steve and I called Lucas in.
"Lucas, did you draw on the wall?"
"No. Kitty did it."
Comments
Love,
Karyn