"Frossy"

One of Lucas' favorite things in this whole wide world is frosting, specifically, white frosting. He loves Frosted Mini Wheats and calls them "cereal frossy" or "white cereal." Even at 5:30 in the morning, it's hard to resist the call of a 3-year-old--"Cereal frossy, Mommy?" His favorite part of cinnamon rolls is the frosting, and he eats from the top down.

This morning, having arisen earlier than I'd like and feeling particularly domestic (OK, we were also totally out of bread and I chose not to make any yesterday), I started my favorite bread recipe--thanks, Rebecca for Aunt Sandra's whole wheat recipe in the Swarthout Cookbook--before most of the family was up. My recipe makes 3 loaves, and even using the freezer, 3 loaves is just too much. I remembered from somewhere back in my childhood that Mom would use the dough for one loaf of bread and turn it into a delicious cinnamon ring.

(Just roll the dough out like you would for cinnamon rolls, put gobs of butter on it, sprinkle liberally with sugar and cinnamon, put in some raisins if you like, and roll it all up. Then, instead of cutting it into cinnamon rolls, you just make a large circle, squeeze the ends together, and put it on a pizza pan to rise.)

All my boys love a cinnamon ring and Lucas calls it a donut. After we got the older boys to school, it was time to frost the donut. And, since it was just me and Lucas, he got to be my big helper. Isn't he a cutie? (By the way, he is wearing his favorite shirt. He doesn't care that it is 23 degrees outside with 5+ inches of snow on the ground. He calls it "my yellow" and puts it on before it ever gets put away. I have to convince him it truly is dirty before he'll put it in the hamper. I've bought other yellow shirts in the hopes that I can replace this one (his belly is starting to peek out under it), but no other yellow is quite the same as "my yellow.")

Comments

Anonymous said…
Frossy is 'licious
Elise said…
I'm so glad you have a blog too, I saw your link on Anna's page. That is too cute about Lucas with frosting!
Anonymous said…
Lukey,
Please tell your mom that aunt michelle needs updated posts about her lil' guys in denver.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Princess for the Day

Yucky Soup