Bad Dreams and Spiders

I am on Lucas Standard Time over here--down at 7:30, up no later than 5:30. Well, I don't go down at 7:30, but if I did, I'd be a lot happier come 5:30. At any rate, when Lucas climbed into my bed at 5:30, I pretended he was not wiggly and squiggly, but had fallen peacefully back to sleep. He did not need to go potty, he just needed snuggle-time. He was not whispering, "Cereal, Mommy!" but was murmering softly in his sleep. By 6:00, I could pretend no longer and rolled myself out of bed to do his bidding.

Alex stumbled out of his room at 6:30, a great surprise since I have to wake him at 7:00 nearly every morning in order to get him to school on time. He looked very sad and I asked him if he'd had a bad dream. "I think so, Mommy," he whimpered. I was in the middle of making bread (aren't you all impressed?) and so sent him to snuggle with Daddy to calm down.

Later, Steve told me Alex's bad dream: His mean mommy had torn 2 pages out of his book called "Meet the Arthropods!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Fall Photo Shoot

Yucky Soup

Princess for the Day